Recap on eating habits and exercise



Ok so obviously no one is perfect. I haven't been 100% perfect. I find it difficult mostly when I'm out. I spend a lot of time at my parents house. I often either a. forget to bring my own food or b. just enjoy their food. My mom has been trying to eat better as well so its not like I'm eating junk food. I have continued to educate myself and improve habits here and there. Eating this way, living this life style requires a lot of creativity, time and energy. All of which I've had none recently.

I've gotten sick numerous times over the past several months. It's not fun when you as the chef in the house are sick too. No desire to cook or anything. Having a sprained ankle means minimal exercise. I've had a ton of stomach problems recently too. I am contributing this to not being diligent about my diet. I've found that when I'm not strict, I have stomach problems. I become constipated. I get migraines. It's NOT fun. I don't want to resort back to my old habits. After all isn't that what got me here in the first place? It's already the end of May and I haven't surfed yet. :( This makes me sad.) However I can honestly say I'm not in shape nor is my health up to it yet. I will get out there this summer though.

I have drastically changed the habits for when I'm not feeling well. GINGER GINGER GINGER. Did I mention ginger? Run to the nearest store and make sure you have pure ginger and ginger tea in the house. I have found that when I'm not feeling too hot, I cut up some ginger, put boiling hot water over it, let it steep and drink. It makes me feel better beyond belief. I have ginger tea as well. It has helped with sore throats and upset tummy. I'm not so quick to pop a pill or run to the doctor. I will rest, have fluids and have tons of ginger. There is research out there that states that ginger is good for all of these things.

I have done some research and I will be doing some juicing. What this means is I will be juicing my vegetables once in awhile. This will provide a detox for the chemicals in my body among other benefits. I've recently started following Vani on www.foodbabe.com She discusses the benefits of juicing among many other topics on her blog. I hope to be juicing by the end of the summer and be able to tell you what benefits I have gotten.

I also REALLY want to start canning and preserving my fruits and vegetables. Spring and summer is here which means all the yummy food is now in season. In order to have this continue for the winter, that means I need to start now. I'm doing some research and looking into how to do both. Once my CSA starts and I pick my recipes, I will be going forward with this. I hope to update my blog with this information as well. Lisa from www.100daysofrealfood.com recently attended a canning class and indicated that it was really easy. I'm hoping I feel the same way. I'll have to let you know!

I also would like to be doing yoga on a daily basis. A yoga studio just opened up right down the block from my job. http://bearfootyogacenter.com/home/ I would love to check it out besides trying to do yoga on a daily basis at home. However A. I'm not going to try it until I get into a routine at home and B. I'm not going to do it until I have money to pay for classes. :( I also want to start running. (check out my previous post on shin splints). I REALLY want to be able to run a 5K. I should be able to do it at the age of 28 years old right? The reason for this is A. yoga stretches and will help me with my tight muscles. B. Running will help me with cardio which will help at the beach.




Anyway, that's the update with me. How is everyone else doing with their journey to clean eating and healthy lifestyle?? What changes have you done recently??




“Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.”
Bodhi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Care

Carrot Souffle Recipe

Roasted Winter Vegetable Vegetarian Jambalaya