Homemade dish soap



Some of you may know, I am planning on converting all my cleaning products to homemade cleaning products. Why you may ask? Well if I'm not willing to put chemicals in my body, why should I inhale them? Why should I surround myself with chemicals especially since I try so hard to avoid putting them in my body. Between following certain blogs and pinterest, it wasn't quite hard to find a recipe. The question was, was it hard to find the products, was it difficult to make, and was it worth it. I discovered it was a lot cheaper to make my own soap then to replace it multiple times from the supermarket. I also discovered that it was fairly easy to make.

I recently made this homemade dish soap from a recipe I found on www.frugalsustainable.com



Recipe as followed:
Homemade Liquid Dish Soap 


Ingredients: 
1 ½ cups hot water
1 tablespoon shredded bar soap (i.e. castile bar soap, ivory, or a homemade simple soap)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon Super Washing Soda

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and then pour in 1 1/2 cup of very hot water. Be sure to whisk/stir this mixture until all ingredients are thoroughly blended (and the bar soap is melted).
2. Allow mixture to cool completely on the counter for approximately 8 hours. Stir occasionally.
3. Store in any dish soap dispensing bottle and use as you would the commercial brands.
*I did find that it did smell a bit at first. You really have to rinse the dishes off in order not to keep the smell on the dishes. You can also add lemon to the soap so it does not smell. The longer the soap sits there, the less it smells.

From website note: You may choose to naturally increase the anti-bacterial qualities of the soap by adding 1/4 tsp. of lemon, sweet orange, lemongrass, lavender or eucalyptus essential oils




“We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.”
Mother Teresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Care

Carrot Souffle Recipe

Roasted Winter Vegetable Vegetarian Jambalaya