Homemade chicken soup



Between the past two weeks, I have been sick. Chicken Soup was called for. It made me feel better. This recipe is a combination of my mother's chicken soup and 100daysofrealfood.com chicken soup. I had leftover slow cooked chicken in the fridge so it was easy to pull out. The only thing I did not really like about the first time making this was the type of pasta I used. I was in a rush. Also, there really isn't too much of a selection of 100% whole wheat pasta in most stores. I'd used a different one next time I make it.




Homemade Chicken Soup


9 cups chicken stock/broth
1 bag of whole wheat pasta - the really really tiny ones if possible
10 carrots, peeled and chopped
5 celery stalks, washed and chopped
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
Salt & pepper, to taste


Directions
Bring chicken stock to a boil
Add dry whole-grain noodles to stock and set the timer according to pasta package directions.
When there are 5 minutes left in the cooking time throw in the chopped carrots and celery. Keep the stock boiling.
When there is about 1 minute left add the cooked chicken to the stock so it can heat up thoroughly.
Taste the soup and add salt and pepper as needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Care

Carrot Souffle Recipe

Roasted Winter Vegetable Vegetarian Jambalaya