Squats, Bench Press and More



Lately I've been doing things at the gym that I never thought I'd do. I'm over in the free weight section and bench pressing!!! I'm also squatting with the bar among several other exercises. I definitely feel stronger. I contribute most of this to Katie. I know I'm not lifting enough weights if I don't need her to push me through the last couple of reps. Also if I'm not hating her by the end. :) She knows I say this out of love. I am on my way to getting in shape for summer season of surfing. Yay!

However I do run into an obstacle, I hate going to the gym alone. I know that this is a must in order to do my cardiac work outs since I can't have Katie there. Weight lifting means nothing if I don't do my cardio. I'll be able get up on the board, get myself riding but I won't even get past the waves if I don't hit my cardiac goals.

I do know that I am much more motivated to go to the gym then I was in November. I am going to try to be consistent with my time in the morning in going to the gym. I've been meeting Katie two times a week at 11am. That time seems to work well for me. Also, I'm also going to try to have a new gym mix each time I go. I'd prefer if the pool was open so I could swim but alas it is not. :( I'm stuck with the machines.

Any suggestions from my readers??




“Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.”
― Bethany Hamilton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Care

Carrot Souffle Recipe

Roasted Winter Vegetable Vegetarian Jambalaya