Introduction

My name is Suzanne, and this is blog is about my journey through changing my diet into all "real food" and "exercise".  I was not able to surf this past summer due to my health complications.  I had many headaches, I was tired all the time, I gained a lot of weight, I was unhappy with myself.  Not being able to surf truly made me depressed.  I find surfing to be cleansing for the soul.  It's meditative, addicting and quite honestly, the best thing I've ever done for myself.  There's no feeling like catching a wave.  I had been really trying to find ways to clean up my diet since I didn't think eating preservatives was healthy for me among several other bad habits that I had obtained.  I couldn't deal with the headaches anymore.  Since the end of the summer, I've been reading a couple of different blogs in regards to "clean eating" and "fitness".  I read "Food Inc." and "The Defense of Food" by Michael Pollen.  I also read a blog called "100 days of Real Food".  Between these three readings, I truly believed it was possible to get rid of the junk I was eating and improve my way of living.  After all, surfing is about taking care of your body and mind.  I threw out anything that was processed or had chemicals in my house.  Mind you, I live alone so this task was somewhat easy for me.  I went food shopping at Whole Foods and found this task to be overwhelming.  Even simple things I thought that were good for me, were no longer on my grocery list.  I changed my diet dramatically.  My headaches disappeared!!! That was a great motivation factor for me to continue this new way of eating. I struggle with coming up with new recipes or ways to maintain this eating all the time. Hence why I'm starting this blog to receive feedback from my readers.  I also signed up to work out with my friend Katie in October.  I wasn't consistent in the beginning but in November, I became consistent.  I now meet with her two times a week. She's a lifeguard and a personal trainer.  She seriously kicks my butt. I enjoy every minute of it. I knew I needed to also get my strength back if I wanted to be serious about surfing come spring next year.  This blog will also track my fitness goals and progress. I continue this blog, I'll discuss challenges and how I overcame them as they come.  Any feedback from you will be great!! 


"Surfing soothes me, it's always been a kind of Zen experience for me. The ocean is so magnificent, peaceful, and awesome. The rest of the world disappears for me when I'm on a wave. " Paul Walker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Care

Carrot Souffle Recipe

Roasted Winter Vegetable Vegetarian Jambalaya